GDPR Regulations - May 2018
As you will be aware the new EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) come into force from the 25th May 2018. This supersedes the Data Protection Act 1998 and brings a 21st century approach to data protection. We are committed to being GDPR compliant in time for the new regulations and set out below the data we collect and what we use it for, as well as how you can request removal of your data.
The information we collect applies to:
- Individuals who contact us regarding boat hire or ticket purchase
- Information provided through filling in forms on our website
- Information provided by email or on the phone
- Information provided in person, at a viewing of our boats or in the course of a function
We use this data to:
- Contact you regarding your function or ticket purchase
- Send you email newsletters with news, offers and competitions
- Ensure that all functions comply with our terms and conditions
- Comply with our accounting responsibilities
If you want us to remove your data:
- Either email or call us and we will remove or deactivate your data immediately
- if you have never had a function or bought tickets with us your data will be deleted
- If you have had a function or bought tickets then your data will be deactivated and the paper copies of your data will be archived and destroyed after 7 years. This is to comply with our financial reporting obligations.