Want to work on our party boats?
Background: Capital Pleasure Boats, a family run business, currently owns and operates 4 party boats on the River Thames in London. Based primarily from Temple pier (opposite Temple tube station), we also work from most other Central London piers at the clients discretion.
We mainly offer private hire of our party boats for 40 to 240 passengers. Our clients are varied and we cater for a variety of boat party functions such as weddings, birthdays, club nights, office outings and corporate events. To complement the client's function we offer a range of entertainment and catering options, nearly all of which are subcontracted.
Our aim is to ensure that every function is as unique as the client and we value customer satisfaction most highly. We have been in business since 2002 and have consistently received a high proportion of our work from referrals and repeat bookings.
Events Organiser - Maternity Cover
We are currently looking for a part time office based events organiser to cover maternity leave for 13-14 months. For more details click on the link below.Part Time Events Organiser
Full time Marine Engineer required to work on our busy fleet of Class V passenger boats, multicats and workboatsDiesel Engineer
Casual Bar Staff
We are always looking for casual bar staff to work on our busy party boats.Bar Staff
If you think this may suit you please click below for details.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly practical individual with a background in mechanical and/or electrical engineering to join our small, friendly engineering team.
Start date: ASAP
Job location: Normally Temple Pier, Central London. You will be based on board CPBS vessels but occasionally may be required to board the boat at other London locations.
Hours: 07:00-15:00 Mon-Fri (40 hours per week) plus overtime
- Fault-finding, repair and maintenance of large marine diesel engines
- Preparing vessels for surveys and inspections
- Maintaining engineering records to approved MCA / ISM standards (for example, defect reporting and planned maintenance schedules, using online forms and an electronic system)
- Monthly Planned Maintenance checks and engine servicing
- Assisting in keeping the stores and ordering systems organized
- Occasionally acting as 1st engineer “on call” when emergency repairs are needed
- Fault finding, repair and maintenance of vessels electrical systems.
We are seeking a practical and skilled person with a can-do attitude able to work unsupervised with large marine engines and plant.
A candidate with a strong practical engineering background outside of the marine industry would be considered. We are particularly interested in people experienced in electrical systems.
- Experience in marine electrical systems 240v/415v/24v
- Extensive experience in service and maintenance of mechanical equipment
- Service and maintenance of electrical systems
- Good working knowledge of heavy marine and mechanical plant (pumps, hydraulics, etc)
- Installation, fault-finding and repair of a variety of marine engines, generators and systems
- Able to climb ladders and to work in small/confined spaces (small boat engine rooms and tank spaces)
- Strong analytical and methodical problem solving skills
Not essential, but advantageous:
- Experience in maintaining engineering records to MCA/ISM/DSM standards using ISM approved system
- Approved Engineers Course
- Fabrication and welding
- Experience with marine cranes/hydraulic systems.
Salary £32 - £37k dependant on experience and ability (plus overtime).
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to email@example.com
Please include a statement briefly outlining your relevant experience and why you think you would be suited to this role and any certification to support your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks of applying.
Part Time Events Organiser - Office Based - Maternity Cover
Start Date – ASAP until 31st December 2019
Downe House, 303 High Street, Orpington, Kent BR6 0NN
9am-5pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Applicants only available on Thursday and Friday will also be considered.
Working alongside our Events team and as part of a job share in our small office in Orpington your main duties will include:
- Dealing with new enquiries and existing customer queries via email and telephone and Live Chat
- Arranging client appointments for viewings of vessels and liaising with crew
- Producing detailed quotations for clients
- Processing function bookings via an in-house database system and booking procedures
- Booking catering, entertainment and other event requirements with suppliers
- Liaising with clients, CPBS staff and suppliers to ensure the smooth running of events
- Inputting of client, supplier and function details on to database, and database management
- Inputting client and supplier invoices onto Sage
- Ensuring client payments are made on time
- Other office duties including daily post, filing, and stationery ordering and other ad-hoc duties when required
The successful applicant will:
- Will be working in a small team so must be very motivated and pro-active.
- Will be willing to learn and adapt to become part of our successful team.
- Must have the ability to work in an organised way under pressure, prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Should have a minimum of two years work experience in a strong administration role, ideally with experience of raising invoices and credits, and payment processing.
- Some sales or event coordination experience would be an asset.
- Must have a highly professional telephone manner, good customer service skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be literate, numerate and accurate.
- Must be computer proficient (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- A working knowledge of Sage would be an advantage.
- Must have sufficient attention to detail and be exceptionally organised.
- Must be a highly motivated, conscientious, enthusiastic individual.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a challenging workplace environment.
- Must communicate effectively, anticipating the needs of staff, crew and clients, ensuring information is filtered through accordingly.
Full time (5 days a week) £18-24k, pro-rata’d for 3 days £10,800-£14,400 dependent on experience
To apply: Click on the button below to apply
Casual Bar Staff Required
We are always looking for both experienced and inexperienced casual bar staff for our busy London party boats. Candidates must be close to Central London, possess excellent spoken English, be willing to work unsociable hours while retaining their sunny disposition, and be neat and presentable. Previous bar work is helpful, but party boat experience is not essential, you will be given training once onboard. Please contact our bar manager Gina for further details. Click here to email Gina