Want to work on our party boats?
Background: Capital Pleasure Boats, a family run business, currently owns and operates 4 party boats on the River Thames in London. Based primarily from Temple pier (opposite Temple tube station), we also work from most other Central London piers at the clients discretion.
We mainly offer private hire of our party boats for 40 to 240 passengers. Our clients are varied and we cater for a variety of boat party functions such as weddings, birthdays, club nights, office outings and corporate events. To complement the client's function we offer a range of entertainment and catering options, nearly all of which are subcontracted.
Our aim is to ensure that every function is as unique as the client and we value customer satisfaction most highly. We have been in business 14 years and have consistently received a high proportion of our work from referrals and repeat bookings.
PASSENGER BOAT CAPTAIN
Capital Pleasure Boats has an opening for a passenger boat skipper to work with our crew on our fleet of 4 busy Class V Thames party boats.
Start date: ASAP
Job location: Central London. Thames
Hours: 40 hours per week plus overtime.
When working as Captain you are ultimately responsible, under the law, for all aspects of operation such as the safe navigation of the ship.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring that the vessel complies with PLA / MCA maritime roles and regulations, as well as with company policies.
o Vessel cleanliness and river/ seaworthiness
o Safe handling of all cargo (passenger or goods)
- Management of all personnel under your control – other crew in Mate or Apprentice position and all bar staff including the bar manager.
- Maintaining the ship's certificates and documentation and writing reports on both passenger boats and workboats. Daily email reports to the Operations Manager.
- Knowledge of engines, machinery and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Liaison and cooperation with office, operations manager, bar staff, directors and clients.
- Conducting viewings of CPBS vessels and client liaison during viewings and functions. Giving prompt feedback to the office.
- Working alongside the bar manager to ensure smooth running of functions.
- Ensuring all licences required to carry out work are in date
- You are also required to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time. You must perform your work diligently and faithfully, and comply with any general or specific instructions that may from time to time be given to you by the Directors or senior crew members.
Minimum qualification requirements:
MCA BML Tier 1 level 2 with passenger boat endorsement and Thames LKE (local knowledge endorsements)
Salary £35 - £37.5 dependant on experience and will be based on an average 40 hour week, overtime is paid at a pro-rata hourly rate.
If you would like to join our dynamic, close knit team or just get more information please contact Scott and Billy at email@example.comPlease include your name in the subject line of your email.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks of their application.
Please ensure that you include details of the following:
- Relevant qualifications
- Full employment history
- Details of why you think you would be suited to this role
Casual Bar Staff Required
We are always looking for both experienced and inexperienced casual bar staff for our busy London party boats. Candidates must be close to Central London, possess excellent spoken English, be willing to work unsociable hours while retaining their sunny disposition, and be neat and presentable. Previous bar work is helpful, but party boat experience is not essential, you will be given training once onboard. Please contact our bar manager Gina for further details. Click here to email Gina