Want to work on our party boats?
Background: Capital Pleasure Boats, a family run business, currently owns and operates 4 party boats on the River Thames in London. Based primarily from Temple pier (opposite Temple tube station), we also work from most other Central London piers at the clients discretion.
We mainly offer private hire of our party boats for 40 to 240 passengers. Our clients are varied and we cater for a variety of boat party functions such as weddings, birthdays, club nights, office outings and corporate events. To complement the client's function we offer a range of entertainment and catering options, nearly all of which are subcontracted.
Our aim is to ensure that every function is as unique as the client and we value customer satisfaction most highly. We have been in business 14 years and have consistently received a high proportion of our work from referrals and repeat bookings.
Full Time Pleasure Boat Captain
We are currently looking for a full time, permanent, skipper to work with us on our party boats.Captain
Events Organiser - Office Based
This is a full time role suited to someone with great customer service and organisational skills.Events Organiser
Casual Bar Staff
Casual bar staff required to work on our busy party boats during our busiest season April - September.Bar staff
PASSENGER BOAT CAPTAIN
Capital Pleasure Boats has an opening for a passenger boat skipper to work with our crew on our fleet of 4 busy Class V Thames party boats.
Start date: ASAP
Job location: Central London. Thames
Hours: 40 hours per week plus overtime.
When working as Captain you are ultimately responsible, under the law, for all aspects of operation such as the safe navigation of the ship.
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring that the vessel complies with PLA / MCA maritime roles and regulations, as well as with company policies.
o Vessel cleanliness and river/ seaworthiness
o Safe handling of all cargo (passenger or goods)
- Management of all personnel under your control – other crew in Mate or Apprentice position and all bar staff including the bar manager.
- Maintaining the ship's certificates and documentation and writing reports on both passenger boats and workboats. Daily email reports to the Operations Manager.
- Knowledge of engines, machinery and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Liaison and cooperation with office, operations manager, bar staff, directors and clients.
- Conducting viewings of CPBS vessels and client liaison during viewings and functions. Giving prompt feedback to the office.
- Working alongside the bar manager to ensure smooth running of functions.
- Ensuring all licences required to carry out work are in date
- You are also required to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time. You must perform your work diligently and faithfully, and comply with any general or specific instructions that may from time to time be given to you by the Directors or senior crew members.
Minimum qualification requirements:
MCA BML Tier 1 level 2 with passenger boat endorsement and Thames LKE (local knowledge endorsements)
Salary £35 - £37.5 dependant on experience and will be based on an average 40 hour week, overtime is paid at a pro-rata hourly rate.
If you would like to join our dynamic, close knit team or just get more information please contact Scott and Billy at firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease include your name in the subject line of your email.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks of their application.
Please ensure that you include details of the following:
- Relevant qualifications
- Full employment history
- Details of why you think you would be suited to this role
Events Organiser - Office Based
Start Date – ASAP
Downe House, 303 High Street, Orpington, Kent BR6 0NN
9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. During our busy months split shifts alternating between 8.30-4.30 and 9.30-5.30
Working alongside our Events team in our small office in Orpington your main duties will include:
- Dealing with new enquiries and existing customer queries via email and telephone and Live Chat
- Arranging client appointments for viewings of vessels and liaising with crew
- Producing detailed quotations for clients
- Processing function bookings via an in-house database system and booking procedures
- Booking catering, entertainment and other event requirements with suppliers
- Liaising with clients, CPBS staff and suppliers to ensure the smooth running of events
- Inputting of client, supplier and function details on to database, and database management
- Inputting client and supplier invoices onto Sage
- Ensuring client payments are made on time
- Other office duties including daily post, filing, and stationery ordering and other ad-hoc duties when required
The successful applicant will:
- Will be working in a small team so must be very motivated and pro-active.
- Will be willing to learn and adapt to become part of our successful team.
- Must have the ability to work in an organised way under pressure, prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Should have a minimum of two years work experience in a strong administration role, ideally with experience of raising invoices and credits, and payment processing.
- Some sales or event coordination experience would be an asset.
- Must have a highly professional telephone manner, good customer service skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be literate, numerate and accurate.
- Must be computer proficient (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- A working knowledge of Sage would be an advantage.
- Must have sufficient attention to detail and be exceptionally organised.
- Must be a highly motivated, conscientious, enthusiastic individual.
- Must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a challenging workplace environment.
- Must communicate effectively, anticipating the needs of staff, crew and clients, ensuring information is filtered through accordingly.
£18k - £24k dependent on age and experience
To apply: Click on the button below to apply
Casual Bar Staff Required
We are always looking for both experienced and inexperienced casual bar staff for our busy London party boats. Candidates must be close to Central London, possess excellent spoken English, be willing to work unsociable hours while retaining their sunny disposition, and be neat and presentable. Previous bar work is helpful, but party boat experience is not essential, you will be given training once onboard. Please contact our bar manager Gina for further details. Click here to email Gina